Pages

WISE IRISH BLOG

Stories of Friendship, Family, Fun and Food.
All the way from the Emerald Isle!

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Enjoying the season

Traffic around here is a killer sometimes. As we are living in the sticks you have to be careful of rush hour 'Cow' traffic. Either early in the morning or right around supper time you can be barreling along down the road only to have to come to a screeching halt to allow the cows to cross the road in order to get home for milking. Ron is very amused by this as are the children and sometimes want to go for a 'Cow' drive just to sit in 'Cow' traffic...................I wonder how long this will last???
We went over to Rinville bay for an evening walk and stumbled upon this cool old castle right beside the kids playground. I have no idea who this once belonged to, but it was a functioning restaurant at one point.

It is such a shame that many of these structures are let go into ruins. In saying that, there are still A LOT of them all over the country that are very well maintained and still lived in. Beggars can't be choosers.

As you can see from the photo above, they are wrapped well but happy to be out and about for a walk. And who wouldn't be with a view like that in the background???


Somethings are just too good to pass up. We saw these carrots yesterday at the market and could not leave them behind. I feel the urge to try my sisters carrot cake recipe and see if it even pails in comparison. OK, lets be real. I really will not be doing the baking, but I will wash, peel and grate them then I will watch over the shoulder of my dearest darling as he mixes, bakes and decorates the lovely cake.

I am not sure if you remember this as it was a million years ago, but I think we will try to use her (my Sister Tracy) recipe combined with that of Vera's from Rondo's (she used crushed pineapple) and I will let you know the outcome..................
Heart attack city here we come,
That is all the WiseWords I have for now,
WiseMóna








0 Comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain