Pages

WISE IRISH BLOG

Stories of Friendship, Family, Fun and Food.
All the way from the Emerald Isle!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wise WINE Alert!

A Funky Ffrench Wine!
CLIQUE
Grenache Syrah
2006

Some friends of mine (Thanks Bernie & Jackie!) brought this to my birthday party last weekend and although copious amounts of alcohol was consumed we never got around to opening it that night.

Last night the Chef and I (delighted to get the little ones in bed a 1/2 hour early) popped this one open to enjoy with the lovely grilled lamb chops I had made for dinner. Stop laughing, I can cook whenever I want too - I just do not have too!

First of all - not to toot my own horn, but the lamb chops were divine. We both like them rare and bleating, so after pan searing them quickly, I topped them with Coleman's English Mustard and some lovely fresh garlic & parsley breadcrumbs. Into the oven for about 10 minutes on a high heat! The chef is happy that after almost 14 years of training, I am capable of cooking a decent meal :-)

Anyway, back to the wine. As usual, check the label! If I had seen this in the shop myself I would have reached for it, because the label is very cool. The description on the back of the bottle reads like you could be adding this to your wardrobe as your most recent accessory.

Truth be told, I could not think of an occasion where it would not go over as a big hit. As it is relatively young, it still had a load of fruit, and just enough tannins to make your mouth pucker. It went perfectly with the lamb dinner, but even lovelier was the face that it drank so nicely afterwards with a teeny tiny piece of the Chef's fudge!

I am not sure what the cost was on this one but from experience I feel it could be priced under 25 EUROS. A steal!

That is all the WiseWords I have for today,

WiseMóna

1 Comments:

ffrenchexperience said...

Glad you liked the Vino.....yes it is one from a collection....the label was enough for us...only joking! Jx

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain