Pages

WISE IRISH BLOG

Stories of Friendship, Family, Fun and Food.
All the way from the Emerald Isle!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Birthday Girl - Age 6 going on 16!

It is hard to imagine, but Rory turned six last week. She woke up early - her usual pleasant self and hopped into bed with Chef and I for a quick snuggle. As I was still snoozing, she gave me a few minutes to acknowledge the all important day - and when I neglected to do so in a timely manner she finally said in her soft little voice 'Mom, happy birthday to me' !!

Needless to say, the party was well planned - per her instructions a few days earlier, right down to the lovely Black Magic Cake Ron had baked and decorated it with smarties for her..........I think he enjoyed it more than anyone - go figure!

A few of her buddies from school, and some neighbours popped over to help celebrate her big day and we even had a few face painting attempts.

There was complete and utter mayhem when Granny arrived with a lovely little playhouse for the children to play in and thank goodness - it was for outside. Granny's sure do know best!



All in all, a great day was had by our eldest child. We sat back looking at her for a very long time that evening after she had passed out sitting straight up in her bed and remembered how teeny tiny she was when we brought her home almost six years ago. Where, oh where has the time gone too! Hope you enjoy the photos - I know we do.
That is all the WiseWords I have for today,
WiseMóna





0 Comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain