Pages

WISE IRISH BLOG

Stories of Friendship, Family, Fun and Food.
All the way from the Emerald Isle!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I am feeling a little crabby today



No matter how hard I try I have feck-all say in what goes on around here when it comes to making dinner. Them be the blows when you marry a chef. It is not that he does not eat whatever I put in-front of him, because he does, it is just the fact that no matter what I plan on making he comes up with something better. 

With barely two weeks of college left and four long months of summer waiting in the wings, I kind of want to step it up a notch in the kitchen. I'd love to get a few raised eyebrows or looks of disbelief when declaring the dining decisions, and of course then hope to hell that I can pull it off.

How can I boldly go forward? Let me share you my secret ingredient! I have all his recipes. This being one of the (many) perks of marrying a chef!

Because he arrived home last night with some live crab that he just had-to-have I figured it was time to dig out the recipe of a dish we used to make (sparingly) for our customers at our restaurant back in Cincinnati, Ohio. We never had it on the menu because many of our employees were seriously addicted to it and we worried for their health. Be forewarned this is not for the faint of heart and should still go on your list of things-to-eat-before-you-die.


CRAB SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP: 

Whatcha need:                                       

Cream cheese                                  1 lbs.
Heavy cream                                   1 ½   cups
Marinated artichokes, chopped       ½ cup (more if you like 'em)
Spinach, raw, chopped                    1 ½ cups (more if you like spinach)
Crab meat                                       ½ lbs
Onion                                              1 (small)
Paprika                                           1 tsp.

Howtamakeit:

  •       In mixer, blend cream cheese with heavy cream for 5 – 10      minutes on speed #1
  •       Add artichokes, onion, spinach, and crab meat to mixer
  •       Add paprika and continue mixing until incorporated
  •       Pour into individual soufflé dishes and bake until it starts to  brown lightly on top.


                     (195 celcius/385 farenheit for 15 mins)

Easy peasy to make and totally delicious!
Serve as a snack or appetizer for your next party or have it for a nice light (ha ha ha) dinner!

  

What to do with the rest of the leftover crab meat? 
Hmmmmm, maybe crab-cakes tomorrow!

Those are all the WiseWords I have for today,

WiseMóna


0 Comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain