Pages

WISE IRISH BLOG

Stories of Friendship, Family, Fun and Food.
All the way from the Emerald Isle!

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

I SHUDDER to think what happened on Shutter Island!



I'll not be sleeping well tonight. 

I am afraid to turn the lights out in case some of the images from this movie start flashing back through my mind like the flames of a fire throwing wild shadows against the walls of a cave. 

I am not even a huge fan of Leonardo DiCaprio. This is a perfect case of dimwittedness on my behalf.   

A few days ago we watched The Hurt Locker. I may do a blog review on this movie at a later date, but for right now I am leaving it alone because I am just not sure if I liked it or not. I thought (and this is where the DimWitt enters) seeing as we already watched a war movie this week we could lighten things up this evening with a few hours of easy-on-the eyes DiCaprio. Typically, I do a little research before I popcorn-up and not since watching A Beautiful Mind (Russell Crowe - 2001) have I been at such a loss for words.


I do love Ben Kingsley. Still. After everything he put me through in this movie. 



I think that Martin Scorsese should win all the awards for 'Best Director' because he almost directed me into an early grave EXCEPT I was too afraid to get off the couch. (I am a wimp - it's a psychological thriller!)


I think Leonardo DeCaprio can act. There, I have said it, and I mean it.

The film is based on a novel written by Dennis Lehane (Mystic River, Gone Baby Gone and a few episodes of The Wire) and the screenplay was written by Laeta Kalogridis who was one of the executive producers of Avatar and Dracula. This explains all the darkness in the movie.

I really do not want to spoil this for you which is why I am going to end with the last line from the movie

'Which would be worse, to live as a monster or to die as a good man? 


Go see the movie.

Those are all the WiseWords I have for today,

WiseMóna



0 Comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain