Pages

WISE IRISH BLOG

Stories of Friendship, Family, Fun and Food.
All the way from the Emerald Isle!

Monday, August 11, 2008

The Kids are a little Obsessed

OK, so it is entirely possible that I started this obsession, but now the graveyard has become a 'favourite' destination for the children. It is really strange, but they enjoy hanging out there. They love to look at everyones headstones and ask several questions. I try to steer them in the direction of the people I know, so I can answer the 'how did they die' questions but in some cases it is not always possible. i.e photo above is a gravestone from 1776? I am sure it was someone important but the text on the stone is illegible.
I am sure you can see from the photos, this is a really lovely resting place for those souls that have passed on. Every time I meander through this old monastery, I cannot help but wonder why they do not have weddings here........................any takers?
Short and sweet on the WiseWords today,
WiseMona

0 Comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain