Pages

WISE IRISH BLOG

Stories of Friendship, Family, Fun and Food.
All the way from the Emerald Isle!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Stinging Nettles


These nettles grow everywhere in Ireland like weeds. I took the children out into the fields yesterday and we harvested a lot of baby nettles, then cooked them with some lovely salted pork. Afterwards we mixed them into a batch of mashed potatoes (from Granny's vegetable plot) and topped it all of with country butter and onions). Chef was very happy with the outcome and the children are still shocked that they don't sting after they have been cooked!

I just looked back over the blog site and feel like I have enough information and photos up there to keep y'all busy for a few days. I thought I would take this opportunity to give you an update on how we are doing. As you can see from all the photos on the blog, we are certainly having some fun times here in Ireland despite the rain and chilly summer weather.

Our time in Switzerland taught us so much about who we are, who we were, and most importantly who we want to be. We are at a crossroads in our lives, wondering which career path to take in order to provide a stable income and decent quality of life with the children.
In just one week Ms. Rory Belle will don her first school uniform and head out those doors to school. We are so lucky to have a lovely home here with Catherine, and will move into our own place within the next few months sometime.

Most of you know us so well, because of the number of hours you spent sitting in our 'home' eating dinner with us, so I am sure you understand that what is missing from our lives is 'you' our friends. We made the choice to move closer to my family over a year ago, and although it did not work out as planned, we are so happy that we have been closer to my sisters and brothers children and of course Granny and my siblings.

The journey we are on continues, and I will do my best to share the ups and downs of our lives in the hopes that you can send the odd email sharing little snippets of your life and even a few photos too!


That's all the WiseWords I can come up with for now,
WiseMóna

0 Comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain