Pages

WISE IRISH BLOG

Stories of Friendship, Family, Fun and Food.
All the way from the Emerald Isle!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Very Cool 'Coole Park'


I woke up early this morning and surprise surprise, it was raining outside. I crept downstairs hoping not to wake any of the little ones and got the rare opportunity to browse through the photos we snapped yesterday on our excursion to Coole Park. This, is one of the most beautiful parks/nature reserves I have ever been to. It is less than 30 minutes from home (less if Granny is driving) and I am sure you will see it referenced many times from now on as it is a place of refuge and inspiration for all. Check out the website when you have time.
Needless to say, Granny and the children really enjoyed exploring together.
This is called the Autograph tree. It is home to autographs from writers such as William Butler Yeats, George Bernard Shaw, John Millington Synge to name a few.
This park had just about one million spots that acted as a perfect backdrop for taking photos of ones children. I know you are probably getting tired of all the photos, but this is the phase I am in right now - so suffer it along with me...............................

I stole this photo from their website to show you just how gorgeous the sunsets really are. As we wrapped up the day here at Coole Park, we stopped for a spot of tea and dessert in their little cafe. Mum opted for the rhubarb tart and I choose the blackberry and rhubarb crumble. Seriously, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. If you all remember, I am not that big on desserts, and to be honest could not tell you the last time I ordered one in a restaurant. I even passed up a slice of the Chef's bread pudding. HOWEVER, when I walked into this little cafe, the smell of baked goods was enough to whet any ones appetite. I scoured the display case to see what was causing this sumptuous stench and spied a gorgeous piece of this blackberry rhubarb crumble. The crumble on top was a little darker (even slightly burnt but I like that) than one would normally expect a crumble to be, but I went for it.
I wish I had taken a photo of this to help explain just how delicious it was. It was sweetened just the right amount and I assume the fruit was the showstopper because the flavor was so intense. It just melted in my mouth helped along with the very generous dollop of whipped cream they gave me. The treadmill is still in storage somewhere - I feel that it will be dug out as soon as we settle into our new home - otherwise we will not be able to fit in the door!

That is all the tasty WiseWords for today,
WiseMóna

0 Comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain