Pages

WISE IRISH BLOG

Stories of Friendship, Family, Fun and Food.
All the way from the Emerald Isle!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

1 - 2 Uniflu!

Well, it had to happen. I could not imagine that I could keep my healthy streak going for much longer, considering we are living in one of the wettest climates in Europe.

For the last 2 days I have been confined to bed with a horrible dose of the flu. When I asked the Chef to go to the pharmacy and find something that would take care of my symptoms (runny nose, sneezing, coughing, raging fever, aching body, sinus congestion, NO APPETITE!) he suggested a bullet to the brain might be an easier fix............................

However, he changed his mind and off he went in search of the equivalent of NyQuil (what I would have dosed up on in the US).

He came back with Uniflu! Seems to be working OK. It apparently has paracetamol, chock full of vitamin C and a large healthy dose of caffeine.

As I have not had coffee for 2 WHOLE DAYS I thought this would be a welcome addition to my body, but instead of getting the boost of energy I was hoping for so I could drag my rear end of of bed to watch the finale of Survivor - It had the complete opposite effect on me, and I have slept like a baby for the afternoon.

Symptoms are subsiding - lets hope I can be vertical tomorrow!

That is all the WiseWords for today,

WiseMóna


PS - sorry about the crappy image. I googled uniflu to get an image for the blog, but European law prohibits the 'in your face' advertising of all drugs. Even OTC! So, I had to take a snapshot of the box with my laptop webcam, in my dimly lit bedroom.

0 Comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain