Pages

WISE IRISH BLOG

Stories of Friendship, Family, Fun and Food.
All the way from the Emerald Isle!

Friday, January 09, 2009

It was a great day for clothes drying!


I know it sounds crazy to most, but my love for all things laundry has increased ten fold since moving back home to Ireland. I am mildly obsessed with catching the perfect day to dry the clothes rather than having to use the dryer.
The weather has been this nice. I am so shocked that it is not pouring rain and miserable outside, but when it comes right down to it, I kind of remember winters just like this growing up.
Yes, I also remember the freezing lashing cold rain as we walked to and from the bus stop every day, but I remember (or favor the memory) the clear skies, the crisp frosty mornings and amazing sunrises or sunsets more!
OK, I digress. My love for laudry is being fed by the fact that Irish people (yes, there is a nation of us) love nice sheets, nice linens in general. So every shop I go into there are such lovely choices of stuff as simple as tea towels made from old flour bags, and the most amazing Irish Linen sheets and pillowcases.
The way I know I am truly home was when I took my King Size Duvet cover to the dry cleaners yesterday to see how much they would charge to iron it for me (as I had to leave my rolling iron back in the US) and guess what! 5 euros and come back in a few hours!
Oh, the grass is sometimes greener on the other side. It just all depends on the shade you are looking for!
That is all the WiseWords I have for today,
WiseMóna

0 Comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain