Pages

WISE IRISH BLOG

Stories of Friendship, Family, Fun and Food.
All the way from the Emerald Isle!

Sunday, January 04, 2009

My New Year Resolutions

As we trudge through these times of uncertainty and are plagued by the media and politicians over the state of the economy, and the impossible task President (elect) Obama has to fulfill - I think it is time for me to speak my mind a little more and worry less about what people think.


I decided this year I am setting myself some very realistic goals and I am positive that I will not only keep them, I will enjoy every second fulfilling them! So, How many new years resolutions have you set for yourself, and can you dare say the same???


First and foremost, The Chef and I have pledged to get out and listen to a session of Irish music several times a month. There is no excuse not to, and truly - Galway has some of the finest pubs (with no cover charge) offering the kind of music that makes you come alive!


I am going to drink more! I am. (sorry Mother). The Chef and I have become a little anti-social out here in our country home and as much as it may seem we are drowning in wine & vine - the truth is, there are plenty of times where we do not even finish a bottle of wine. WHEN, I ask you has that ever happened??? Those days are over - bring on the Whisky! (Says she, as she sips a cup of tea by the fire).


Eat more fish! This is one I am truly passionate about. We actually (as a family) eat plenty of fish, but I am amazed on a regular and daily basis of the number of Irish people that do not. (Mother included). So, I am going to make it my mission this year to get more Irish people to at least start tasting the fruits of the sea - seeing as we are living on the edge of the Atlantic, and this will be my hardest challenge - except for the fact that I have a secret weapon (OK, maybe not a secret) - My own reliable handsome Chef! He is equally committed to help educate those fussy fish eaters out there!

The photo above does not correspond to this section, it is just a photo taken recently of the Cathedral in town, and I thought it was a lovely picture of one of the Cities Gems!
Drink less caffeine is last on the list!
This will not be difficult as the nearest Starbucks is almost a 3 hour drive and the availability of decent coffee for my french press is terrible! I plan to find a new place to hang out. Hopefully somewhere that offers free Wi-Fi and has great beverages. I always feel good when I sit and people watch, it gives me the mental break I need sometimes in order to get through the rest of the day. I will let you know when I think I have found my new haven....OK, cutting back on caffeine is a stretch for me. But I am willing to give it a try!

That is all the WiseWords I have for today,

WiseMóna

0 Comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain