Pages

WISE IRISH BLOG

Stories of Friendship, Family, Fun and Food.
All the way from the Emerald Isle!

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Whilst I was sleeping, the elves were hard at work!

As you may recall, I was sick in bed the week before Christmas with a rotten dose of the flu. The Chef had asked me to find him a simple recipe for a gingerbread house so he could make one with the children. This was his first attempt ever at making one. (I hate him).
I started by looking for a recipe on the Martha Stewart website, because she has a knack with making really pretty gingerbread houses and I found a basic recipe and he literally threw it together in a few hours. If you want the recipe, just click on the title of this blog and it will link you to the Martha Stewart website.

He did not leave a stone (or gum drop) unturned in the decor of this house and as you can see dedicated it to his babies.


For this first attempt, he did let the children help with the decorating, but was fairly strict with the placement of each piece. A little control freakish I would say (for him!!). As you can see the results were quite amazing and tasty to boot. The children are still slowly working their way through eating all the sweeties of the house and getting ready to take a hammer to the Ginger nut house!




That is all the WiseWords I have for today!
WiseMóna




0 Comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain