Pages

WISE IRISH BLOG

Stories of Friendship, Family, Fun and Food.
All the way from the Emerald Isle!

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

As the banner states!




I have been absent from the blogging world for the last 5 or 6 days because last Friday my children were granted a lovely 2 week holiday from school. One only knows how lucky one really is when one has NO TIME left to think about it!

In the last five days I have had many items in my house broken - i.e. including curtains ripped from the rails, dishes smashed on the floor, doors hanging off hinges, coat racks knocked to the ground of the wall. Trust me the list is long and it pains me to even be talking about it.

The children are apparently very normal children and left to their own devices (i.e. If I am outside feeding the hens and they are left alone for 46 seconds) they can cause an amazing amount of damage.

The naughty chair in my house has now been extended to the naughty chairs - as one is as bad as the other, and I have come to realise that they cannot be left in time out unattended as one of them was found hanging out an upstairs window 'waiting for Daddy to come home'.

However, all this being said, we have spent a nice few hours yesterday catching up with yet another of my high school friend whom I had not seen since the last day of school 19 years ago (God, I feel old.) She (Mary) is now the happy Mum of 2 children the same age as mine, so our visit was long and full of similar stories :-) which is how I found out my children were apparently just normal. (Phew).

What I have come to realise is that whomever came up with the idea that children needed long Summer Holidays or Easter Breaks - apparently DID NOT HAVE CHILDREN!

Despite my longing for 'my time' we accomplished a wonderful afternoon of 'feet painting' today and I will be cleaning up from that mess for a week I am sure. Thankfully, the Chef arrived home a little early today and just in time to take the tots out of their comfy time out spots and dump them into the shower before bedtime :-)

Thank God for husbands coming home with a nice bottle of wine!

That is all the WiseWords I have for today,

WiseMóna

1 Comments:

Erica said...

If only I was there to help...lol... :)

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain