Pages

WISE IRISH BLOG

Stories of Friendship, Family, Fun and Food.
All the way from the Emerald Isle!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

A wet kind of week!

The above piece is a perfect example of beautiful graffiti. I have never been a huge fan of graffiti but when I see it something like this I can happily see the artistic and humorous side of drawing on a wall. It has been a wet week here and the spirits of local people seem to be low. Everywhere we go and many of those we meet on a day to day basis are consumed with missing the days of the boom and cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel.
The rain gets them down even more. I think I have mentioned this more than once here on my WiseWord blog - but it just does not rain that much. Yes, we have had a wet week - but in saying that I have only turned the clothes dryer on once (for 20 minutes) as there were plenty of times when the sun shon!

I find myself being a little obsessed with the rain - because it is then that you get to see the loveliest of Ireland. Everywhere comes alive with glossy green glint when the rain is pouring and the sun still shining. I remember Billy Connolly (Scottish comedian) years ago stating a very true fact - that there is no such thing as bad weather only bad clothing and aint that the truth!


I still have not dug out my winter coat which is being eaten by moths in storage - I may never need it again! I have had my red rain coat on hand for the most part every day because of watery sunshine. Right now, we are experiencing sunrise at 6.25am and sunset at 9.55pm...........it is soooooooooooo very nice to have all those hours of sunlight and it memory serves me correctly I think we will stretch to closer to 11pm with summer solstice barely a month away.

Having lived in climates where we have experienced the harshness of freezing temperatures and snow and ice for several winter months at a time, or summers so extreme that you could not live or sleep with the use of air conditioning - we are loving loving loving our mild climate here on the auld sod.
That is all the WiseWords I have for today,
WiseMóna




0 Comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain