Pages

WISE IRISH BLOG

Stories of Friendship, Family, Fun and Food.
All the way from the Emerald Isle!

Friday, December 12, 2008

Stop, Look & Listen.

There are so many moments in our lives that we probably wish we had slowed down and stopped to smell the roses. Seeing the calmness of the water yesterday when the Chef and I took a childless stroll over near Renville bay reminded me of just how fortunate we are.

And was it ever the calm before the storm! I awoke to a lashing rainy day outside, a crying child and a sick husband................................I wanted to crawl back into bed and hide for the day.

Seeing as that was not an option, I bundled the babies into the car and got them off to school then made my way back to the house to finish what I had started earlier this week. (ok, I took care of the Chef first by making the coffee and some toast and jam for him).

I am creating a space! My Space that is. I am not sure how strange this sounds to most of my audience (as many of you are Irish) but most newer Irish homes have 2 sitting rooms. (But newer I mean the last 100 years).

If you have ever seen the quiet man, there was that scene where Maureen O'Hara brings Mickaleen Flynn into her 'parlour' to wet his whistle. When she asks him if he wants water with his whiskey his response is classic and one of my favourites 'Woman, when I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey and when I drink water, I drink water!'

Ok, I digress.........................so this week I created MySpace! I took over the second sitting room which also has a lovely open fireplace and a birdseye view of the newest baby cows in the neighborhood. A quick lick of paint, some dark walnut stain on the door and window sills, a nice area rug - and I am almost done!

I boxed out a large rectangle on one wall and painted it with blackboard paint and ordered a whiteboard (online) for another wall.

I have yet to find the perfect table/desk for all this work I plan on doing. I have been scouring ebay.ie and also the local auction houses. For the time being, I will just sit in an armchair and prop my feet up on the coffee table, toasting my toes in front of the fire as I bang out the next chapter!

Now, all I have to do is wait for inspiration...........................
Blank walls, blank screen........................Glad the year is coming to an end.

I look forward to wiping this slate clean and chalking up the next one!

That is all the WiseWords I have for tonight,
WiseMóna

0 Comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain