Pages

WISE IRISH BLOG

Stories of Friendship, Family, Fun and Food.
All the way from the Emerald Isle!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blast it, I have already blown one of my New Years Resolutions

The Chef is not good at gifting in general. He just leaves things to the last minute then has a major panic attack and I usually end up with soap or shower gel or something weird that suggests I have bad body odor. So we have come up with a great plan that has served us both well over the last 13 years. We developed a wish list. I add little things to it from time to time, and so does he. That way when birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas etc. rolls around all he (or I) has to do is consult the list.

This year, Christmas came and went and I got a weird scented massage oil with several tokens for a massage. OK, we are in a new country, and it is possible the Chef forgot about the list. I was humble and thanked him and have enjoyed the massages (no doubt).

Today, the rest of my present arrived on my doorstep. Clearly, you can tell from reading this post - the Chef does not read the family Blog very often!

He got me a Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Maker. A what??
Yes, A lovely gorgeous piece of kitchen equipment!

It is true that I am a coffee freak, and do love the toys that come along with having a Chef as a husband, and although I made a decision to cut back on caffeine, I am so grateful for this present.

Since moving to Switzerland in 2007 we have been using our trusty French Press for our caffeine pleasures and it has served us well.

Ron read about the Technivorm Moccamaster in his favourite magazine for all things Food and Wine 'The Art of Eating' (Editor - Edward Behr) http://www.artofeating.com/ and I have to say this is not the first time he has run out to buy something based on Mr. Behr's recommendation.

I cannot find the past issue to recap what was said about this coffee machine so here is my best shot at it. The coffee is the cleanest coffee taste I have ever tasted. It is piping hot (brewed at 200 degrees F every time), it pours into a lovely thermos and supposedly it stays hot all day but I feel that in this house of addicts we will never know! The machine is not as bulky as it looks in the image above and is a lovely addition to our countertop. Let me know when you are stopping by for a cuppa!

Thanks Mr. Behr for my lovely belated Christmas present, which I just noticed was actually on the Chef's wish list!

That is all the WiseWords I have for today,

WiseMóna

0 Comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain