Pages

WISE IRISH BLOG

Stories of Friendship, Family, Fun and Food.
All the way from the Emerald Isle!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Wedded Island Bliss

Well, there you have it folks. My baby brother Kenneth finally took the plunge and tied the knot! He has joined the rest of us in happy domestic wedded bliss and how happy are we!
Last week was just a little fecking crazy around our place as the Swiss Family Dempsey (older brother Shane, his Wife Sylvia and their offspring - Keira/Reamonn) came into town for some pre-wedding partying, followed fastly by my elder sister Tracy and only one of her babies (GéGé). The night before we headed out to Inishboffin Island where the festivities took place Ron whipped up an enormous Mexican Feast and even though this has nothing to do with the actual wedding, I thought this photo (above) needed to be shared with the group just to remind you that the pizza oven is 'fired up' and we are enjoying it immensely!
For the record, I usually take pretty decent photographs and even enjoy playing around with them to make sure the essence of what occurred is evident and even vivid. This past weekend, I took the worst photos of my life, due to the fact that I cried my eyes out for most of it and the SUN was so strong for the entire weekend, there is just no point in trying to photoshop that out of these images! Right before he took the plunge, the boys all indulged in a little of the 'Irish Courage' a glass of whisky to whisk him away to wedded bliss (and a bag of potato chips for the munchies).
Of course, my brood were out in style and as this was the first wedding the children have attended - it was a HUGE deal, esp. to the likes of a certain 6 year old who spent more time fussing in the mirror than Mum (or Dad)!

The whole event from dawn till dusk could not have turned out better. I think that is a fair statement coming from one that has planned and executed over 3,000 weddings to date. I cannot imagine 'how' it could have been better. (I suppose only if Dad had been present).
My amazing Mother decided it was time to 'speak out' and let everyone know a few home truths about my baby brother, after outing him as a 'Mammy's Boy' and letting everyone know that after he got to 'big' to sit on her lap, he would just have her sit on his! She received a standing ovation from the entire group. Mum has been in the closet for the last ten years mourning Dad and leads a fairly private life - but let me tell you folks - she blew us out of the water!
I AM SO PROUD of my Mother and so happy to see how confident she is today. I want to be just like her when I grow up!
For us it is a 'Wynne-Win' situation. We get another Sister to the fold, and God knows you can never have too many of those and we get to be part of her already amazing family. Sinéad's family (all from Dublin) are just the best! The merging of these two families has been so emotional and wonderful, we can't wait to see where it goes..............................

So we wait, and we wait, and we wait.....................................................and as soon as I hear something I will let you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is all the WiseWords I have for today,
WiseMóna


0 Comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain